Thursday, January 20, 2011

Bokeh Effect Shapes, DIY! ;)

And so, after promising that I'll have a tutorial *brings out liyinism-tutorialism-mode* on the bokeh shapes effect last year *click*, finally here is the post on how to do it!

Things you need:
  1. Pencil - to draw out the circle and shapes.
  2. Cutter - please don't cut yourself as it can be a strenuous procedure to cut out the small desired shapes.
  3. Cutting matt - You don't want your pretty table to be scratched!
  4. Black paper - at least one sided like mine is fine.



Steps to cut out the shapes for the bokeh:

1.  Draw out the circular shapes to cover the lens.  
*Important note: Remember to have a 'hinge' kinda thing sticking out for easy removal of the paper from the lens.
2. Draw the desired shapes which is approximately 1.5cm square.
3. Cut them out!

3 easy peasy steps!



Tada!!!!
Time required: approximately 30 minutes.


 

Since I had CHANEL logo the last time, this time a new one.
No you did not see an LV logo. :P





Place it infront of your lens.

 *spot that my fingers are actually holding the 'hinge' that I was telling you for easy removal from lens.


 

 Snow flakes daisuki!!
One of my favourite shape, how could I ever forget.

Now you can transform this (it is just my computer screen with a few colourful dots I drew in photoshop):


to THIS!!!!!:


 That's all! Now, it's your turn! Have fun ;)

3 comments:

  1. what is the setting of your camera? and what is the appropriate lens to use for that? thanks..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi :)
    The setting do not affect much (coz I normally just use 'Program' mode for all pictures)
    The lens I use is 50mm 1.8 f, which gives a very good bokeh effect. good luck !

    ReplyDelete